9.20.2010

New Studio!


I recently moved to a new studio space within the Switchyard Studio Warehouse in Southeast Portland. I am no longer crouching over my knots and beads under lamps clamped to the top edge of the 5'8" walls built by the previous artist. Today I spent all day in the studio with not one lamp turned on. I felt peaceful sitting by the window in natural light, no longer feeling disconnected from the outside world.
The framed painting on the left of this photo montage is hanging on a wall Noah and I built. Well, we used the wooden easel made from 2' x 4's also built by the previous artist in my former space as the frame for the wall. We then bought more wood and a 4' x 8' sheet of drywall, which we cut into smaller sections and screwed onto the wooden frame. It was good practice for what might be an up and coming project - building a wall to close our space from the communal area. I share this space with another artist, a painter. Her space is in the background on the right of the picture.
After a full day in the studio, I feel worn out, but definitely fulfilled by my productivity. I have a three day holiday fair in about a month and the Portland Saturday Market.
Here are some photographs of some recent pieces.





3 comments:

  1. Firstly, I want to congratulate you for your new studio. Now you get things in more space and peace which are important for good work. I really like your work. Your designs are too good. I really like the first necklace in the image. It’s very beautiful. I want to have it.
    Wedding bands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these earrings look very stylish.
    http://www.eozy.com/earrings-stud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice earrings! It looks great!
    http://www.eozy.com/earrings-with-rhinestone

    ReplyDelete